The Bruce Peninsula has many things to offer however if you are travelling on a budget then consider these options:
1) Book accommodation that has access to a kitchen. This way you can bring food from home or shop locally at the grocery store and save on your dinning bills
2) Spend nice days on the beach. There are many beaches on the peninsula both sand and stone and all are great for sunbathing and taking in the scenery. Don’t spend a dime (unless its on a cold beverage) and enjoy the sun while its here and you’re on vacation! (the Grotto, Big Sandy, Singing Sands and Lions Head Beach Park are among the best)
3) Tour the lighthouses. Other than gas $, admission is free and its a fabulous fun family oriented outing.
4) Hike to Devils Monument. Its one of the best kept secrets on the Bruce.
5) Check out the Viewing Tower in Tobermory at Parks Canada Visitor Centre and get a great view of Georgian Bay.
5) Take a scenic drive on the back roads. Check out the “Scenic drives” post for recommendation on where to go.
6) On Friday or Saturday nights take part in Bayside Astronomy at the Peninsula Observation Deck (POD). It is a free program where you get to view the wonders of the night sky through a telescope. (Private tours are available through our Tours and Extras page)